Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Fun times with Amazon Customer Support

So the wifie wanted to buy a camera and lens. She wanted the Nikon D3200. Shes a rebel, so obviously instead of buying a Canon Rebel (like the rest of us), she went with Nikon.

SHE REALLY wanted a Zoom Lens! The most reasonably priced one (for us poor-ish) people cost $400. BUT, Nikon had a promotion to buy a DSLR and get a Lens for X off.

AWESOME, so she went to Nikons Promotion page first for the lense she really wanted. She noticed that, unfortunately, the D3200 was not under the camera's listed for the promotion.(click picture to make it bigger).


So Alice was a little upset, because she was SET on this camera. So basically she went to the page and bought the Camera without the promotion.


So She bought the camera. NOTICE, at the bottom of that image, it DOES list that lens for the discount. So she bought the camera without it.

Fast forward...... She brought this up to me about wanting the lens. So I looked it up and found that... There must be a glitch in the matrix. Of course my first thought was to  google it to make sure google agreed and found this link. http://www.amazon.com/forum/nikon/ref=cm_cd_tfp_ef_tft_tp?_encoding=UTF8&cdForum=Fx27ZK1W9PCB2NO&cdThread=Tx3R2DUPM9HYL7A

So I called up customer support. Talked to them about it and the lady, who was very polite about it, researched it herself, let me know that this is not true, and only the 200mm lens applies for the D3200. I was a little bummed about it all, re-read the link above and decided. Why Not Try It Out Myself?

So I added the Camera to the cart and the lens. I had to do this separately because, again, the promotion page DOES NOT list the camera under it. If you proceed to check out you see


The promotion would have/should have applied. So I call back, a little annoyed, and I talked to a different lady about the issue. I explained it all to her. She understood and I had her do everything just to prove that, IM NOT CRAZY, I get was it says, what it doesnt say, but she saw that, before checkout, the promotion would apply, its just not listed as it probably should be.

So went thru the options, Options 1- Send the camera back and get a refund, then buy the camera again and get the promotion. Which was no problem. Option 2- Buy the Lens for $400 and get a $150 credit, she would just need approval. LUCKILY, she did get the approval, but we were well prepared to send it back just to get it with the lens.

So I bought the lens, FINGERS CROSSED, now waiting on the $150 refund. Hopefully everything works out!


No comments:

Post a Comment